Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chasing Unicorns

I have found my first unicorn, and I hope there arent too many more I need to find with this project.

For those of you who haven't noticed, there arent too many of these B-vans left out there, and that means very good chances replacement parts may be obsolete.

The front section parking brake cable is one of those parts.

I have been looking for one of these for better than a week, and trust me when I say this, I have been relentless.... and was thoroughly convinced that I was completely SOL for a new part and would have to go find a decent used one....

I found one.
It arrived today. I am forever grateful to a stranger named Tim from Brake Pad Wholesale and the strange twist of fate encountered in getting our paths to cross.

I know, its just a fucking parking brake cable, but for some reason I think its an important item to have operational, especially when towing.

 FYI- PN is 18P2377. And I, being a recent convert to MoPar, am getting a small sense of satisfaction that the part I needed came from "uncle AC"!




No comments:

Post a Comment