Monday, September 30, 2013
so, reading around, some fellows have taken to sticking el-cheapo voltmeters in place of the ammeter.
So thats what I did here.
Basically, splice the ammeter wires together eliminating the hot-spot and just tap off a convenient voltage source to get a more reliable reading.
Just tap into a keyed source so you dont eventually drain the battery down.
If I was motivated I would supply the meter PN and whatnot.
but I am not.
In fact, I am so unmotivated, that the instrument is still uninstalled. Just sitting on my workbench... like so much other crap....
I have loved these visors for a long time. Had a craigslist moment. you know the type, where you just randomly think of something you could use and go to your local CL and search for what youre looking for?
this was one of those moments.
Hunnert bucks, delivered.
No cracks n' the lites work.
Well, lo and behold, here is this 77 LWB roller and it was like 12 blocks from my shop. No engine or trans, but full of parts inside.
But only had two wheels, so with a little ingenuity, it became a roller.
price was fair for what it was.
And it had SOLID sheet metal. So solid, that I probably should heve resto'ed this one instead of Eddie!
But, that ship has long since sailed.
So I tried to not cut it up, just take a little here and there.
It was so clean, I TOOK THE ENTIRE BRAKE LINES OFF WITH JUST A FLARENUT WRENCH.
And I realized, I have been lucky with my pops' finding me this thing. I would be foolish to send it off to the scrap yard with anything I may need still attached.
so this is how it left last week:
I tried to get my moneys worth....
So now, as fall sets in, I have a small to-do list of fixing a little seep in the engine, and to begin interior cabinetry and console and maybe get the sound system and lighting up to par.
stay tuned, the three of you who actually look at this thing....