Sunday, February 17, 2013

Stripping the fur for glossy smooth.

The fuzz covered dash was probably bitchin' when it was first done. But time had taken its toll and all the fuzz had fallen off, and only the burlap backer was left in most places.
It was time to fix that, and in doing so, I gave myself a bunch more work, but in the end it will be worth it.
The dash removal let me clean up the hacked wiring, and will allow me to add some accessory wiring in preparation for an overhead console.

The fur was glued to the original steel dash with gorilla snot. I was able to blast the crap off the glove box door, but I had to send the dash out to the local blast house (Uspray in Butler, WI) to get it plastic media stripped.
They did a nice job, and fast: had it the next day.

And, I did manage to break the windshield getting it out. I knew it was going to happen, but lessons were learned. Plus, the fuel pump for my crazy little gasoline burning garage heater died while I was topcoating yesterday. Dammit.


 You can never go wrong with black. Ford had that figured out a hundred years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment