Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Thrash in Richmond

Shit got real in Richmond.
I am amazed and humbled by my friends, even more what they are able to accomplish with the tooling they don't have.
Silicosis. Sleep deprivation. No such thing as a coaxial indicator. ZZ-Top. Becky making us coffee in the morning and sending me off with veggies and hummus. Mechanical Injection. 3 am stories. Backwards fuel pumps. Putty knife spanner wrenches. In-house wound stitching. Used asswipe in a box. Hasselgrens letting me walk out of their shop with 5000 bucks worth of Brown& Miller fittings and I-core hose. Marie from Nor-Cal Supply getting all googly eyed as I talked to her the AN/MS/NAS language. The refrigerator squeak and the persistent air leak.
A complete symphony of nothing and everything being said at the same time.
Punch lists on beer boxes. Wiring schematics on a metal table. Eddie Money. Plating stress. Hands beyond dirty.
Oil tanks that dont leak oil. Float bowl welding.
Those moments when it all just works right out. Cross it off the list; charge after the next one.

I sincerely apologize for the pics being on their side, maybe some of my more experienced blogger friends can come over someday and help me out with that. Till then I'm sorry, just tilt yer head or something....
Jays 115 inch, magneto fired, mechanically injected monster




Oil tank inside view

'lectrical

potato chip

lightnin' wire

breever



the dude that can weld wood

Icore hose

Started life as a fuel filter.

Deep throat

The shrink bushing







NorCal Supply

what happens when you install pistons incorrectly

The crusher










Make everything have two jobs

Or three jobs....
war torn bosnia

gaza strip

transformer






By any means necessary



Veggie peeler

down is ground, up is ON


3:28 am

Becky



Terrible human beings


2 comments:

  1. Truly inspirational. Really enjoy your posts. I check your blog frequently to make sure I don't miss one. There is a method to madness. Like the Waylon Jennings song,"I've always been crazy - it keeps me from going insane!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bike Awesome Craftsman

    ReplyDelete